GloSsary: 25,000 OhmS
An electrical resistance measurement represented by the scientific notation 2.5 x 10E4, or 2.5 x 10,000 ohms. This is the lowest end of the acceptable conductivity range.
For safety reasons, FAA and telecom industry standards prohibit the use of flooring materials measuring below 1 x 10E6 in environments where people work around energized equipment.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring