Glossary: ANSI/ESD S20.20
ANSI/ESD S20.20 covers static-control requirements to protect electronic parts, assemblies, and equipment susceptible to ESD damage from human body model (HBM) discharges ≥ 100 V. Unlike previous versions, since 2014 the standard has also covered parts with withstand limits of 200 V Charged Device Model (CDM), and 35 volts on isolated conductors.
Since 2014 the standard has required both resistance and walking body voltage tests.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring