Glossary: ATIS 0600321-2015
ATIS 0600321-2015 is a standard set by the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions: Protection for Network Operator-Type Equipment Positions
ATIS publishes standards for the information, entertainment and communications industries. Here’s the excerpt, from Section 4.2, pertaining to ESD flooring:
“Any carpeting or floor tiles should have a resistance to ground between 10E6 and 10E10 ohms when measured using the method of ESD-S7.1.”
Note: StaticWorx does not recommend flooring with electrical resistance above 1.0 x 10E8. Time and environmental changes can affect the performance of ESD flooring materials. If a material measuring ≥ 1.0 x 10E8 were to lose conductivity—the floor dries out over time or relative humidity drops—the floor could become too resistant to discharge static to ground. Floors measuring above 1.0 x 10E9 do not meet resistance parameters outlined in ANSI/ESD S20.20.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring