Glossary: IBM Burroughs Standard
An outdated ESD standard designed to minimize static electricity in data centers. According to this standard, floors must measure above 150,000 ohms (1 x 10E5) for use in data centers and server rooms.
While the test is outdated, the resistance minimum is now a universally accepted practice across the ESD industry.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring