Glossary: Static-control Footwear
Static-control footwear – also known as ESD footwear – is a covering for the human foot with conductive properties to ground personnel. When used in conjunction with a static-control floor, floor finish, or floor mat, static-control footwear controls the accumulation of static charges.
Floors such as certain ESD vinyl and epoxies, made from an insulative, static-generating base, should never be used without mandates requiring the use of static-protective footwear.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring