ESD flooring is required to protect most types of electronics parts, which are ultra-sensitive to static electricity.
FAQ: What is antistatic floor paint?
A type of paint, like GroundWorx Basics, made with conductive additives is sometimes called antistatic floor paint. Like antistatic vinyl, antistatic floor paint is a misnomer. The paint creates a path to ground – in other words, it grounds people walking on its surface – preventing static from building as people walk, but unless everyone walking on its surface wears special ESD footwear, paint is not antistatic.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring
StaticWorx high-performance static-control floors protect electronic components, explosives, and high-speed computers from damage caused by static electricity. ESD flooring is part of a system. Choices should always be based on objective, researched evidence. When you partner with us, we look at all possible items that may need to integrate with the floor, and, focusing on your goals and objectives, help you find the right floor for your application.