FAQ: What is antistatic floor paint?
A type of paint, like GroundWorx Basics, made with conductive additives is sometimes called antistatic floor paint. Like antistatic vinyl, antistatic floor paint is a misnomer. The paint creates a path to ground – in other words, it grounds people walking on its surface – preventing static from building as people walk, but unless everyone walking on its surface wears special ESD footwear, paint is not antistatic.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring