ESD flooring is required to protect most types of electronics parts, which are ultra-sensitive to static electricity.
FAQ: Can I apply a conductive dry adhesive over any type of subfloor?
Conductive dry adhesives can be rolled out over any clean, smooth subfloor, allowing for instant attachment of tiles to the floor. Normal operations can continue in the room while installation is in progress. There is no “move-in” or “move-out” time.
Dry Adhesive can be installed only over firm, dry (<3.0 lb/1000 sq ft.) structurally-sound, dust and oil-free surfaces, such as concrete, old glue-down carpet, VAT, vinyl composition tile, homogeneous vinyl sheet or tile, poured epoxy, ceramic, stone or terrazzo.
Dry adhesive may be used over steel or HPL covered access floors. It may be used over wood and parquet, plywood and laminates. These sub-floors must be free of acrylic finishes and, due to moisture concerns, dry adhesive cannot be installed directly over on-grade or below-grade concrete without an air space between the concrete and the wood products. Dry adhesive may not be used over gypsum patches and is not suitable for outdoor installations.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring
StaticWorx high-performance static-control floors protect electronic components, explosives, and high-speed computers from damage caused by static electricity. ESD flooring is part of a system. Choices should always be based on objective, researched evidence. When you partner with us, we look at all possible items that may need to integrate with the floor, and, focusing on your goals and objectives, help you find the right floor for your application.