FAQ: What are the benefits of antistatic carpet tile?
Antistatic carpet tile protects electronic equipment from harm caused by random electrostatic discharge (ESD) events. When people walk on a floor, the friction between their shoe soles and the floor generates static electricity. As people walk, static builds on their body then discharges to the first person or object they touch. This sudden jolt of electricity can damage or destroy sensitive electronic equipment.
Antistatic carpet tile protects electronics by preventing static generation. Manufactured with embedded conductivity, antistatic carpet also dissipates static charges to ground.
In addition to protecting electronics, antistatic carpet tile has other advantages. StaticWorx ShadowFX ESD carpet tiles, for example, are available in mergeable dye lots, making them easy to maintain and repair. With mergeable dye lots matching is not an issue. If a tile needs to be removed, it’s easy to replace with attic stock. Some ShadowFX carpet tiles can be installed non-directionally, for quick, easy installation. Non-directional styles also hide wear and tear. Due to their modular design and many styles and colors, antistatic carpet tiles can be used to create a variety of patterns and custom designs. Carpet tiles produce less waste and can be recycled at the end of their life cycle, making carpet tile more environmentally friendly than traditional broadloom carpeting.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring