FAQ: Can I mix non-ESD tiles with ESD tiles?
No. Only materials with a resistance below 1 x 10E9 can be grounded. Regular floor tiles are insulative—meaning they do not promote the flow of electricity—and cannot be grounded.
If regular tiles were mixed with ESD tiles, it would be impossible to know which were grounded and which were not. While the floor might work in some spots, it won’t get rid of static in others.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring