FAQ: Do I have to use grounding strips?
Yes. The copper strips tie all elements of the ESD flooring installation—tile and adhesive or conductive floor coating—to the same electrical potential. The strips can be attached to ground through an electrical outlet, a dedicated grounding rod, or the metal superstructure of the building.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring