FAQ: Is all vinyl flooring anti-static?
No. Vinyl flooring is not antistatic. An antistatic floor generates little or no static electricity. ESD vinyl is made from static-generating base materials. Depending upon how it’s manufactured ESD vinyl can be static dissipative or conductive, terms that indicate how slowly or quickly the floor will discharge static electricity. But without ESD footwear, ESD vinyl will generate static when people walk on its surface. ESD footwear creates a ground path between the person wearing the footwear and the ESD vinyl floor, preventing static generation as the person walks.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring