Video: Grounding an ESD Floor is quick and easy
A lot of people ask us, how do you ground an ESD floor? Or how do you use a copper grounding strip? Do I need an electrician to use a copper grounding strip? Actually, grounding a static-control floor is straightforward and simple nowadays.
In this short video, Kimberly Petraccaro demonstrates how quick and easy it is to ground your ESD Floor.
Learn more about grounding ESD flooring here.
Hi, I’m Kimberly Petraccaro and I’m with StaticWorx.
A lot of people ask us, how do you ground an ESD floor? Or how do you use a copper grounding strip? Do I need an electrician to use a copper grounding strip? And the answer is no, you do not need an electrician for the copper grounding strip.
All you need to do is remove the outlet cover, pop a hole in the copper grounding strip, which I already did. Screw the grounding strip into the outlet. Run the strip down the wall and either stick it if you have GroundBridge underlayment paper or if you have adhesive. And then screw the outlet cover back on. Now, your floor is grounded.
Some people ask us, should I be putting it in front of the wall base or behind the wall base? It really doesn’t matter. If you want to put it behind the wall base, that’s fine too. Any commercial or standard wall base will work and it’s not going to impact the ESD properties. So don’t worry about that.
And it’s as easy as that. Thank you.
Have you seen...
Get in Touch
The form below will help us better understand your needs and get you as quickly as possible to the right person. We look forward to helping you solve your static problem!
You can expect a response within 24 hours. For faster service, please give us a call: 617-923-2000
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring