Video: A Quick Durability Test of ESD Epoxy Options
June 5, 2019
There are several generations of ESD epoxy technology. Durability varies considerably. Here we compare the scratch resistance of shiny no-wax HB 97.2 with an entry-level Water-Based 2-Part Epoxy-Acrylate Finish. The acrylate product is less expensive and it has a matte finish. It requires the application of an ESD finish/sealer. Both technologies have their place in the market. Acrylates are ideal as short-term solutions. HB 97.2 for long term ESD coating needs where aesthetics are important.
For more information about ESD Urethane and Epoxy Coatings, visit the product section.
Have you seen...
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring