Video: The Difference Between a Regular Floor and an ESD Floor
A lot of people want to know what’s the difference between a regular floor and an ESD floor. An ESD floor has conductive material running all the way through it. As a result, the material in the ESD floor is going to transport the electricity from you – or whoever is walking on it – and into ground. When you buy a StaticWorx floor, we’ll loan you an ohmmeter and walk you through the testing of your floor. Once you’re done, we’ll analyze your results and send you a certificate of compliance stating that your floor is in compliance with ANSI/ESD S20.20.
Hi, I’m Kimberly Petraccaro, and I’m with StaticWorx.
A lot of people want to know what’s the difference between a regular floor and an ESD floor? Well, an ESD floor has conductive material running all the way through it. If you look at this tile, you can see that there are little tiny veins in it. That’s the conductor properties in the tile.
Another way to tell the difference between the two floors is measuring the electrical resistance using your ohmmeter and two five pound probes. This is important because the material in the ESD floor is going to take the electricity off of you and into ground.
When you buy one of StaticWorx floors, we actually send you an ohmmeter for loan with your probes, and we walk you through the testing of your floor. We then analyze your results and we’ll send you, for your end user, a certificate of compliance stating that your floor is in compliance with ANSI/ESD S20.20.
If you want to go one step further, we have message tiles.
We’re always available for technical support. So let us help you. Thank you.
Have you seen...
Get in Touch
The form below will help us better understand your needs and get you as quickly as possible to the right person. We look forward to helping you solve your static problem!
You can expect a response within 24 hours. For faster service, please give us a call: 617-923-2000
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring