GroundWorx epoxy installed with CoatZF
CoatZF ESD Floor Finish
Static-dissipative floor finish
StaticWorx CoatZF floor finish is a hard, impenetrable finish, specially designed for use in high-traffic areas. Unlike most ESD waxes and finishes, StaticWorx CoatZF static-dissipative floor finish can be applied to conductive tile and ESD coatings, such as StaticWorx GroundWorx Basics epoxy, and replenished without diminishing the electrical performance of the ESD flooring surface.
Comprised of 18% solids, application is easy and improves productivity. Fast, easy-to-use Coat ZF provides a clean, hospital-like shine, can be applied by the regular cleaning crew, and requires no more work than would be required with routine waxing and buffing.
CoatZF is specially formulated for application in computer rooms, electronic assembly rooms, telephone sub-stations, or any area where static control is desired. Cross-linked polymer chemical structure prevents leaching or wash-out of static dissipative properties and provides long-lasting static protection.
Safe Walking Surface
StaticWorx CoatZF ESD floor finish provides superior electrical properties along with a safe walking surface. To ensure employee safety and to mitigate user’s liability exposure, it is important to use floor finish that has been successfully tested for slip resistance, and is properly applied and maintained.
CoatZF can be applied to non-ESD floors and will give non-ESD floors static-dissipative properties. However, like any coating or wax, CoatZF wears off over time. As the coating wears off, any static-dissipative properties the non-ESD floor received from the coating will wear off as well. The only way to be sure your floor is still functioning properly/static dissipative is to test the floor regularly and after every application, using the resistance test method outlined in ANSI/ESD STM7.1.
Note: Some extra high traffic areas may require an initial 3-coat application.
- 2,000 sq. ft. per gallon, per coat on tile/epoxy (minimum two coats required)
- <2,000 sq. ft. per gallon, per coat on concrete (minimum two coats required)
Best results are obtained when StaticWorx CoatZF static-dissipative floor finish is applied to surfaces which are 60° F. or warmer with relative humidity between 40 – 65%.
- Remove old finish or wax with StaticWorx EcoScrub Degreaser (stripper). Follow directions on stripper label for application.
- On initial application, for optimum appearance apply three to five coats of finish. No more than 3 coats should be applied in an 8 hour period.
- Apply thin, even coats, allowing the finish to dry between coats. Depending on humidity and temperature, dry for 30 – 45 minutes before applying the next coat.
To recoat existing ScrubWorx finish:
- Vacuum the floor to remove any loose dirt or dust.
- Wash the floor with StaticWorx ScrubWorx 20.20 to remove dirt and soil.
- Apply thin, even coats, allowing the finish to dry for approximately 30 minutes before resumption of foot traffic.
The necessary frequency of stripping and refinishing may vary depending on environmental conditions within a particular facility. Field experience indicates that monthly refinishing generally provides optimum results.
A routine maintenance program will provide the most satisfactory gloss retention and wear characteristics in any floor coating. Sweep the floor daily with an untreated mop to remove abrasive loose dirt and sand. Floors should be damp- mopped with StaticWorx ScrubWorx 20.20 regularly, as needed, to remove soil, salt, and film deposits which can degrade the coatings’ conductive properties and gloss.
Budget-friendly, easy 5-Step Static Killer Program
- Remove any waxes or polishes from your old floor using StaticWorx EcoScrub floor stripper.
- Apply 2 coats of CoatZF per our instructions.
- Measure your floor with our ANSI/ESD S7.1 megohm meter:
Your floor will measure <1.0 X 10 E9.
- Test several high traffic areas every 2 weeks.
- Only clean your floor with StaticWorx ScrubWorx neutral cleaner.
Get in Touch
The form below will help us better understand your needs and get you as quickly as possible to the right person. We look forward to helping you solve your static problem!
You can expect a response within 24 hours. For faster service, please give us a call: 617-923-2000
StaticWorx high-performance static-control floors protect electronic components, explosives, and high-speed computers from damage caused by static electricity. ESD flooring is part of a system. Choices should always be based on objective, researched evidence. When you partner with us, we look at all possible items that may need to integrate with the floor, and, focusing on your goals and objectives, help you find the right floor for your application.