Video: ESD interlocking tile - durability questions answered
November 24, 2020
This video documents the durability of GroundLock Extreme ESD Interlocking tile, the result of an advanced manufacturing process. Various tests were performed. Objectives included demonstrating the importance of a solid, dimensionally stable, immovable flooring installation without the use of adhesive.
- Ease of moving a heavy rolling load by hand: We start the test by easily rolling and rotating a 923 lb load with a pallet jack. There is no compression which enables simple movement of a heavy load. Groundlock Extreme tiles are manufactured using high compression calender processing. Conventional plastic processing like injection molding would yield a much softer surface making it much more difficult to move heavy loads.
- We show a 10,000 pound forklift maneuvered at speed forward, backwards and rotationally on and across the sample installation area. Try this on any other free lay floor tile and the installation would dismantle.
- Cleanability after abuse: The hard shell of Groundlock Extreme prevents embedded contamination. The calendering process is augmented by a surface laser treatment creating a dense, low porosity, easily cleaned shell. What is calendering?
- Other factors: Groundlock Extreme sandwiches 2 layers of fiberglass in the 1/4″ thickness. This prevents doming of tiles and creates tremendous dimensional stability. Once again, made possible by advanced calendering processing.
Learn more about GroundLock EXTREME ESD Interlocking Flooring here.
For help or advice about choosing an ESD floor, call us on 617-923-2000, email [email protected], or visit our Guide to ESD Flooring Selection.
Have you seen...
Get in Touch
The form below will help us better understand your needs and get you as quickly as possible to the right person. We look forward to helping you solve your static problem!
You can expect a response within 24 hours. For faster service, please give us a call: 617-923-2000
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring
StaticWorx high-performance static-control floors protect electronic components, explosives, and high-speed computers from damage caused by static electricity. ESD flooring is part of a system. Choices should always be based on objective, researched evidence. When you partner with us, we look at all possible items that may need to integrate with the floor, and, focusing on your goals and objectives, help you find the right floor for your application.