Video: Why Choosing Static-Control Flooring Can Become a Nightmare
July 31, 2017
Choosing a static-control floor can be confusing, not least of all because conductivity is one of the most misunderstood aspects of ESD flooring.
This video is the teaser for the full video, Conductive Flooring Doesn’t Mean Antistatic. In that video, we take a humorous look at what can happen when buyers and specifiers rely too heavily on conductivity when choosing a static-control floor. In a brief lesson at the end of the video, we explain why low-charge generation—considering walking body voltage—is crucial for anyone hoping to prevent ESD damage in their workplace.
Visit our Learning Center to find out more about walking body voltage.
Have you seen...
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring