Video: Why Choosing Static-Control Flooring Can Become a Nightmare
July 31, 2017
Choosing a static-control floor can be confusing, not least of all because conductivity is one of the most misunderstood aspects of ESD flooring.
This video is the teaser for the full video, Conductive Flooring Doesn’t Mean Antistatic. In that video, we take a humorous look at what can happen when buyers and specifiers rely too heavily on conductivity when choosing a static-control floor. In a brief lesson at the end of the video, we explain why low-charge generation—considering walking body voltage—is crucial for anyone hoping to prevent ESD damage in their workplace.
Visit our Learning Center to find out more about walking body voltage.
For help or advice about choosing an ESD floor, call us on 617-923-2000, email [email protected], or visit our Guide to ESD Flooring Selection.
Have you seen...
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring
StaticWorx high-performance static-control floors protect electronic components, explosives, and high-speed computers from damage caused by static electricity. ESD flooring is part of a system. Choices should always be based on objective, researched evidence. When you partner with us, we look at all possible items that may need to integrate with the floor, and, focusing on your goals and objectives, help you find the right floor for your application.