Glossary: What is a Static-Control Floor Mat?
A static-control or ESD floor mat is a movable island of material placed over an existing floor. ESD floor mats dissipate static charges by grounding personnel, equipment, or other objects contacting the material.
Some, though not all, static-control floor mats may also inhibit the generation and accumulation of static charges.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring