FAQ: What is ESD-safe flooring?
ESD-safe floors protect electronics by drawing static away from people or objects, transporting charges to ground. They also prevent static generation. On a regular floor, people and objects gather charges as they move on its surface. If a charged person or object touches an electronic component, the sudden transfer of electricity could damage or destroy its internal circuitry. ESD-safe flooring draws static away from people and objects and transports charges to ground, protecting electronics from damage due to random electrostatic discharge (ESD) events.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring