FAQ: Is static-dissipative flooring expensive?
Static-dissipative flooring can be more expensive than traditional flooring materials, due to the manufacturing costs of adding conductive elements to the material. But costs vary depending on the type of material and the installation method. The cost of static-dissipative flooring is typically lower than the cost of repairing or replacing damaged electronic equipment. More important, ESD flooring protects equipment from harm caused by random ESD events, including: garbled or disrupted data, lost or dropped calls, garbled media signals, lost or disrupted GPS signals, ghost planes (planes that cannot be seen on FAA screens), and other damage that disrupts the core mission.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring