FAQ: Is static-dissipative flooring safe for workers?
To maintain static-dissipative flooring, it is important to keep it clean. Vacuuming or sweeping the floor regularly can help prevent the accumulation of dirt and debris, which act as insulators between shoe soles and the dissipative floor, affecting its performance. To clean the floor use a neutral pH cleaner or cleaning chemicals designed specifically for ESD flooring. Avoid harsh cleaners or solvents that could damage the floor. If repairs are necessary, remove and replace the damaged section. Tiles are easier to repair than roll goods or epoxy. Static-dissipative carpet tile, resilient interlocking tile and glue free rubber tiles are easiest, fastest and least expensive to repair as the tiles can be simply lifted and replaced 24/7 with no downtime and without the need for messy adhesives.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring