FAQ: Can regular flooring become ESD flooring if it is installed with conductive adhesive?
No, regular flooring is not conductive and cannot be grounded. With ESD floors, conductive adhesive acts as a conductive ground plane, drawing static charges through the thickness of the ESD flooring material, across the conductive ground plane to an earth ground. Because regular floors are not conductive they cannot transport static charges. In other words, even with an underlying ground plane, static charges cannot move through a regular floor, so charges stay on its surface.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring