ESD flooring is required to protect most types of electronics parts, which are ultra-sensitive to static electricity.
FAQ: Does static-dissipative tile need to be grounded?
All ESD tile must be grounded. Any floor that is not grounded cannot conduct electricity and cannot dissipate static charges. Floors that are not grounded cannot remove static from shoe soles or dissipate charges to ground and cannot protect electronic components from damage caused by random electrostatic discharge.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring