FAQ: Do I need to apply special antistatic sprays after the floor is installed?
No. A floor should never acquire its electrical conductivity from topical sprays or floor finishes. Sprays and floor finishes wear off. It is impossible to detect their deterioration in performance without testing the resistance of the coating on a routine basis using an ANSI/ESD test method involving a special ohm meter and NFPA probes.
Learning Center Articles
- 7 Common Mistakes Selecting an ESD floor
- A Guide to ESD Flooring Selection
- Avoid Costly Failures: What You Need to Know When Specifying ESD Flooring
- Choosing ESD Flooring for:
- ESD Footwear: What Is It and When Is It Necessary?
- ESD Footwear for Electronics Manufacturing and Handling Applications
- Facility Managers' Guide to Selecting ESD Flooring
- The Need for Due Diligence in Specifying Static-Free Flooring
- Standard of Care for Specifying Floors in Mission-Critical Spaces
- Understanding the Hidden Costs of ESD Flooring